Book Review: Transactions of Belonging by Jaya Padmanabhan\


 
Book: Transactions of Belonging

Author: Jaya Padmanabhan

No. of Pages: 197

Genre: Fiction, Short Stories

Publisher:  Leadstart

 

I have reviewed short stories collections but this one was different. Intense, Unpredictable, even Strange at times.
The stories had a strange tranquil quality to them. They had some substance and had a slow pace with some of them striking your heart in the right manner, while others hitting hard.

I liked the collection although I won't say I loved it and would give it 5-star ratings. But that's more to do with me than the book. I enjoy action thrillers and even in case of short stories, I prefer the ones which surprise me rather than move my heart.
But an occasional sensitive read is always good for the mind and the soul ... and the intellectual and spiritually inclined self.

A nice collection of short stories none the less. Anyone can pick this one up and can't say they did not like it.

 

Ratings on Book Review Parameters:

Cover Design: 2.0 / 5

Writing Style: 3.0 / 5

Characters:     3.0 / 5

Story / Plot:     3.0 / 5

Climax:            NA / 5

Overall:           3.0 / 5   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!