Book Review: The Einstein Pursuit (Payne & Jones novel) by Chris Kuzneski


 

Book: The Einstein Pursuit (Jonathon Payne & David Jones #8)

Author: Chris Kuzneski

No. of Pages: 432

Genre: Fiction, Action Thriller

Publisher: Headline

 

Started and completed over the weekend. Completed the book even before I could actually 'start reading' it on Goodreads.

This was my kind of book and Kuzneski is my kind of author :)

Fast paced action packed thrillers with a sprinkling of humor ... that's what I loved about Robert Ludlum, that's what I loved about Matthew Reilly and that's what I love about the Payne and Jones series of Kuzneski.

P&J offer the right amount of action with their own version of humor in their conversations. Even in the most threatening of situations, the humor is a constant companion and a relief for the reader. Acts like a pressure valve and reminds you (the reader) to smile, laugh and yes, BREATHE.

The action is believable and the humor is good. I smiled many a times and on some occasions, even had a good laugh. Why ... Kuzneski even mentions himself in the novel. I am sure he was smiling/laughing to himself when he wrote the lines.

The plot is good. Interesting.

Climax could have been more spectacular. Like the opening scene - which was damn spectacular - visually speaking. In fact, as compared to the opening, the climax sequence was kind of pale. Wish it was visually spectacular and with a better plot/twist etc. I could have given a 5 star right away.  

The expectation and suspense build-up was pretty good … but then the climax where all threads are tied and loops are closed; it seemed lacking in punch. The effect was that of an anti-climax.

The Cover was a bit of a let-down. It did not really present any attraction and I could have overlooked the book if I was not looking for it.

At the end of the book, I had this feeling that the book could have been called "the XYZ pursuit" and the same could have been used in the book … and it would not make any difference to the story. Einstein was a strong and good anchor to use but any other name could have been used. Somehow I felt, Kuzneski should have given a far stronger connect with the name.

 

Ratings on Book Review Parameters:

Cover Design: 3.0 / 5

Writing Style: 4.0 / 5

Characters:     3.5 / 5

Story / Plot:     3.0 / 5

Climax:            3.0 / 5

Overall:           3.5 / 5   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!