Reading Plans for 2011 ... Sherlock Holmes, Feluda, 3 Investigators ...

I had been an avid fan of Sherlock Holmes during my school days and read any and every book / stories of him. The only other character(s) I so obsessively and completely read were the 'Three Investigators" by Alfred Hitchcock. I read ALL of the 3I books in my school library. As far as Sherlock Homes and Three Investigators were concerned, there was nothing in my school library that I had not read.

A few months ago, my best friend Shraddha expressed that she might read 'The Lord of the Rings' again; which gave me a similar idea. I have read LOTR way back in time (well … 2002 is indeed way back in time J) ...
I am now going to read the entire 'Three Investigators" series all over again :)

While I was doing some random reading on Wikipedia about subjects of my interest, I came across the list of Sherlock Holmes literature; 56 Short Stories and 4 Novels. I realized that it has been an awfully long time since I read those (almost 15 years) and I decided that I will read them all over again; the full collection.   

I was introduced to 'Feluda' by Satyajit Ray the year before last (2008) and I became an immediate fan of him. After Sherlock Holmes, there had been a loooong gap of reading 'detective stuff'. Feluda filled the gap. I have 2 volumes (just like Sherlock Homes they are also similarly named 'The complete Adventures of Feluda') which contain all the 35 Feluda stories (translated into English from Bengali). I hadn't read them all then ... so I am going to read them all now.
I chanced upon Robert Ludlum action thrillers in 2005-2006 and I became an immediate fan. I read quite a few of his novels then and another couple in the past few years. My visit to the wiki page of Robert Ludlum gave me the complete list of his books (written by him and not by other authors using his name); and I realized that I had but read just over half of his books. I do have two Robert Ludlum books at home but that still leaves about 8 other books to track, find and read. So that is yet another goal to achieve
So that's what a majority of my reading is going to be about in the coming year; completing the works of Feluda (Satyajit Ray), Sherlock Holmes (Canon Doyle) & 3 Investigators ... I will also try and catch up on Robert Ludlum too.
LOTR .... maybe next year J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!