Last time you did something for the First Time

 



When was the last time you did something for the first time? 

Paragliding over the mountains in 2019 is the quick answer for me. 
Wifey has a very recent one from 2022 when she went sky-diving. I don't have the same answer because ... well ... I am over-weight and they won't allow me  !! 

I am sure I have some recent ones too ... Let me try to list a few :) 

2021-2022 
- I was on 'contract' on a project in Change Management role rather than being a full-time 'employee' - that was new
- I registered my own company so I became a Managing Director of my Consulting and Coaching business entity. That was new. 
- I paid tax in UAE as a Business man :) that was new (5% VAT applicable)  

More recently, 
- I have attended sessions on subjects related to Psychology - that is new 
- I strted Business Growth Coaching (thats new) and now looking for businesses in Dubai, UAE to work with 
- I started going for a morning walk regularly - 5 days a week - and would be clocking an average of 10K steps (this month) for the first time in years !! 
- I have been experimenting working out of different places (not from home) - coworking spaces, cafes and some quite food court in malls with good music :)  

Whenever we do new things ... for the first time; there is that excitement of doing something not done before (by  yourself) - the excitement of the unknown. 

The excitement invigorates and energizes You. You become alive in the moment. 

The key is keeping that excitement alive beyond that first time ... 

When it comes to an individual, taking a leap to the next level is not enough. You got to sustain it, maintain it and continue to make efforts to take the next leap. Mentoring and Coaching help take the leap ... but developing habits that sustain will be key beyond the coaching journey. 

When it comes to teams, the forming-storming-norming-performing stages are all but natural and you could go thro them by yourself or take assistance of team building exercises or Team Coaches. DIY might take a bit longer while assited by a trainer/coach could be faster comparitively. Maintaining the bonding and cohesiveness is then the responsibility of the entire team including the leader/manager. 

When it comes to Business Growth too, incremental growth or degrowth along with market movement is natural and requires no great effort. But making your business situation and economy proof so as to grow consistently and predictably in most conditions would require a consistent effort. You could go from incremental to leaps with the help of a mentor or business growth coach ... but you got to put in your hours and commitment behind the advice and direction that you get. 

All of the above require you to keep doing the things as if you are doing it for the first time. Bring that child-like passion and excitement to the game. 

Change the Game

#coaching #mentoring #ChangeTheGame #FirstTime #energy #consistency #lifecoaching #teamcoaching #businessconsulting #businesscoaching #businessGrowth #passion #commitment 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!