Layoffs on a rise. A new beginning.


 Turning a new leaf👀

88,138 layoffs in 292 tech companies in 2023 and it's ONLY been 35 days

Some mind-boggling stats below(source: layoffs.fyi - dated 5th Feb)

 

1️⃣ 88,138 layoffs in 292 tech companies in 2023 and it's only been 35 days!

 

2️⃣ 159,766 layoffs in 1042 tech companies during 2022.

 

3️⃣ 21,532 layoffs by 67 Indian "startups," including the "unicorns."

 

The 35-day job loss count of 2023 is half of the 365-day job loss count of 2022.


Creating a scary picture of the coming year … 😶‍🌫️🤐


Scary for both, those who have already lost and even for those who haven’t yet. 


The biggest contributor to the above numbers are the biggest and most popular names in the industry (in India as well as globally) 


Global Biggies - Google, Meta, Microsoft, Amazon, Salesforce, Phillips, Booking.com, Cisco, IBM, SAP, Uber, Twitter, groupon


Indian Biggies - BYJU'S, WhitehatJr, PaisaBazar, OLX, Swiggy, Chargebee, Cars24, LEAD, Ola, OYO, Meesho, MPL, Innovaccer, Udaan, Unacademy, and Vedantu


(I might have mixed up some names across global/local but you get the point .. right)

 

 

👆The above facts and stats triggered something in me.


Ever since the layoffs at Google were announced a few days ago, I reached out to several individuals offering pro-bono coaching sessions (life and job interview coaching) to groups that would find it useful. 


I came across several individuals, both within and outside of Google, who were working to help those impacted.


Inspired by Google's Newton Cheng and Christopher Fong, as well as recent layoffs in the tech and other industries over the past year.


I will now be writing more frequently for those who have lost their jobs and/or are looking for one.

 

The posts will be focused on: 

👉 Mindset, thought processes, and things to do and not to do while in job-search mode. 

👉 Preparing for Job Interviews and how to make them predictable.

 

I've been doing job interview coaching for years but rarely talk about it. Especially since my "clients" don't talk about it.

 

Haha, who would admit to using interview coaching after successfully passing an interview? 😅

So, while the private acknowledgement is great, there is hardly a public one. 

So, no testimonials and no word-of-mouth publicity for me in this space.

 

But that should not prevent me from sharing it or writing about the subject. I am just bummed that I did not start earlier. Thanks to Newton and Christopher for inspiring the action.

 

I am confident the articles/posts I make will be useful to you and other job seekers. 

If so, please like, share, and comment your views and thoughts. 

 

I am planning to conduct a couple of free online sessions (generally over the weekends); watch out for the announcement in my posts.

 

Disclaimers :) 

1️⃣ I will refrain from talking about immigration, how to write your CV, or how to get an interview call. I am not qualified to talk about those things. I will stick to things that I know.💯

 

2️⃣ I cannot connect you to HR teams, recruiters, etc. already several posts are doing that, and several individuals are well-placed to do that.


I will ‘like’ their posts or comment on them so that you will see them automatically if you are following me or connected to me.

 

3️⃣ My posts and advice are based on my personal experiences of being interviewed, interviewing candidates, working with mid and senior management individuals as well as CXOs, and having the opportunity to pick their brains on the subject (directly as well as indirectly).

 

Well, that's about it. This is a long "Hello World" post.🙃


The Job Interview Coach makes his appearance and promises to be more consistent here in tandem with the Life Coach (since there is a huge element of life coaching, especially in case of job loss scenario.😅😅

 

Just FYI: The business growth coach inside me is not going anywhere. He will continue to focus on talking to SME business owners and SME CXOs online and in direct conversation. Making a guest appearance here on and off.💯


Watch Out!

 

 #layoffs #jobInterview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!