VSS 010: Shadow Life


Shadow Life
 
Very Short Story (VSS) 010

 

I sit at my desk. Contemplating the next string of words to weave a story.

Across the street, I see a man trudging along the road towards the street light, deep in thought, his shadow shortening with every step.

He comes to the street light and holds the lap-post with his unsteady hands. For a few moments, he stands still and then staggers before collapsing on the ground.

Seems like his shadow was indicating the life left in him. He died when directly underneath the lamp-post with the shadow hiding completely under him.

In life’s tragedy, I find my next novel.


-----------------------

Quick Note: Very Short Stories are approx./max. 99 word stories that i am going to write through the year. These very short stories are part of my writing resolutions of 2017. My target is to write at least 50 VSS this year. Currently I am way behind my target :-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!