The Train arriving in 31 seconds !

What will be your reaction be if you are waiting for the local train to come at the platform and you hear / see the announcement ...

The Train arriving in 31 seconds !

Well, first time i saw a similar message at the underground metro train station in KL ... i was amused. I felt it was more of a gimmick than precision. Everyday, reading similar messages off the display i no longer got amused.

Yesterday was different. Don't ask me the difference. I dont know. It was just different.

When i heard the announcement "The Train arriving in 31 seconds ! " yesterday evening, i simply started counting in my head 1, 2, 3 ... slowly ... timing myself at approx. 1 second intervals ...

Now i myself dont know why i did this but i surely did it .. an continued to do it ... 10, 11, 12 ....

I felt i was acting stupid but still i continued with a muted smile on my face ... 18, 19, 20 ....

As i crossed 25, the smile started to show .. as if i was going to disprove the announcement and win some grand prize ... 27, 28, 29 ...

As the number 30 flashed and resonated in my mind .. the smile n my face changed into a grin ... (i know some people were actually staring at me at this point ..)

ALo and behold .. my grin was in full width when the count of 31 resonated in my mind .... and suddenly there was a FLASH of the familiar Headlight of the train .... right in my face ....

The train HAD arrived in 31 seconds ....

And my Grin was replaced by a jaw-drop expression of disbelief followed by a stupid smile ....

I was smiling all the way to my home ....

-- this is Hemantkumar Jain (shoOOonya) reporting from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (and still grinning :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!