How's Your Married Life?



How's Your Married Life?


 Wondering what this question is doing on my blog?

Wondering if I diversified from Business and Life Coaching into Relationship coaching or counselling? (quick answer - Nope)

As we continue to focus on career or business, other aspects of life sometimes or most-of-the-times take a back-seat due to de-prioritization against work.

Over a period of time, its easy to get into a downward spiral and take things for granted. Especially your spouse. And then, after exhausting their side of efforts, even they give up and settle into the humdrum of life. And it becomes a lost battle.

During the Life Coaching sessions I have with clients, I spend a lot of time (all through the coaching journey) reminding them about the balance of life and wheel of life. While we chase success in one particular area of life, we need to create a balance across all other areas too.

During my Business Coaching conversations, I use the Wheel of Life to put the business in perspective of their lives ... and then ask them to draw the Wheel of Business and assess the different areas. While the ones with low scores need urgent attention, all the other areas also need their constant attention with varying degrees of priority.

The question of "How's your Married Life?" is a literal as well as figurative tool. It makes clients uneasy, it catches them off-guard, it stumps them, they secretly hate ('why the hell did I get into life coaching and that too with Hemant' kind of thoughts) ... but that's momentary. As the conversation goes forward ... they see the light !!

During my Change Management consulting work; I often use this lovely quote ... "Some people change when they see the light; others, only when they feel the heat"

So, do ask yourself the question, "How's my Married Life?" and see where it takes you. If you would like to be in a conversation (maybe introspection is not your game), then I am always #OpenToConversations - just book a time slot using my calendly and I promise you that the conversation will be deeply insightful and you will thank yourself for it. It will definitely change the way you look at 2023 and what you want from it. book my time at calendly.com/hemantjain/life45

#marriage #life #WheelOfLife #WheelOfBusiness #balance #lifecoaching

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!