Har Ek Dost Zaruri Hota Hain

 "You don't make friends in the corporate world' - someone told me at the start of my corporate career 2 decades back.

My best friends are those I made during my school, college, Engineering and MBA.

But the corporate world has been very kind to me …
maybe because I allowed it to be and
I made sure I did my part.

From the very beginning,
I nurtured my relationships.
Took them beyond the give and take.
I was genuinely interested in other people.
I helped them when they needed it and they
helped me when I needed help on various things.
And I did that without a running-account in my head.
I wasn't thinking about taking, while giving them my help.
And the relationship went beyond the give and take.
There were those genuine deep conversations.
We had fun together, either as a team or
even while we were in office together.
Airtel did a great job in their ad,
'Har El Friend Zaruri Hota hain'
(Every friend is necessary)

Being in Consulting,
I got a chance to meet
and interact with an even
larger number and diverse group
of people across countries/continents.
Each interaction brought a smile and some
learning that has shaped my personality over time.
Cheers to the self-less agenda-free friendships at work.
That's what makes any workplace a 'Great Place to Work'
Happy hashtagFriendshipDay to all my hashtagFriends in the Corporate World !

hashtagFriends hashtagCoachHemant hashtagSundayFunday



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mumbai Local - First Class v/s Second Class

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta