My kids are learning and living stuff that I learnt when I was over 25


While the term VUCA is pretty old in management circles, I was introduced to it for the first time back in 2012 when I joined KPMG.



Since then, the BANIs and other acronyms have tried to create their own space yet VUCA is still strong and comprehensive in its own way.

Today morning, I saw the mention of VUCA on the concluding slide of a PPT template that has been provided by the school to my daughter (4th grade) ...

Similarly, sustainability as an important everyday concept came to my life when I was in college and DIE (Diversity, Inclusivity, Equality/Equity) are concepts that I started to read about only several years into my career.

And my kids are already talking about these .. (and my junior is in Kindergarten).

The kids have a basic grasp of DIE and have a decent understanding of sustainability...

Education is constantly evolving and the kids today are learning more and much faster than we did in our time.

The teaching methods evolving, the syllabus evolving, the focus on practical concepts evolving.

Won't be surprising if kids will be "taught" about a kid friendly version of chatGPT or another kid friendly tool .. and how to use it effectively.

I won't be surprised that concepts of mechanical engineering are brought into school levels by way of Lego blocks structures and activities like build a bridge or tall tower using paper, skewer sticks tape and newspaper. It would be fun and learning would be delightful.

And in similar vein, evaluation and tests will transform too.

Sounds good and exciting .. right ??

Now let me bring the excitement to YOU up close ..

How about things changing at your workplace ???

Think about it. Still excited ??

Are we constantly upgrading our skill set ?

Are we open to changes in way of doing things or stick to old ways ourselves a d envy our friends working on cutting edge and modern Processes and tools.

Are we OK with the younger generation being more skilled on certain tools, thought process, expertise that we took years to learn?

Are we putting in our own efforts to catch up and stay relevant rather than become a dinosaur and force the management to think about giving us a boot/exit/early-retirement.

Are we working on our self growth, Self development ?

What are YOU doing to take your game to the next level and rise above your peers ?

What are you doing to showcase to your management that you are ready for the next challenge, next role, next level ...

are you doing all this ?

or ...

do you find yourself stuck in the corporate hierarchy .. having hit the glass ceiling and as well glass walls?

#growth #coaching #learning #upgrade #vuca




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!