The CIRCUS and the Sense of Wonder




 Do you have memories of watching a CIRCUS?

It is a culmination of human as well as animal skills and of course, the clowns. ;)

Over the years, the animals have been out of the circus. The human element is what we now see in a circus, enhanced by technology.

I saw a circus yesterday, and while the human gymnastics, dance and clownery was refreshing to watch in person (rather than on a screen), WATER added to the spectacle.

Water curtains and fountains along with laser lighting and focussed lights were used all along the show to create the spectacle.

The biggest thing for me during the circus was the sense of WONDER. 

The wonder I saw in my kid's eyes as they saw the fantastic, larger-than-life acrobatics and dangerous stunts by the performers.

 The wonder I felt in my own heart while witnessing the human spirit and skills.

We don't experience the same wonder when watching movies and the same things on screens. 

Watching it in person makes it all too real for us. The sense of wonder is higher and reaches deep within us.

Also, we no longer experience wonder in our lives. The moments of wonder are far too less and rare. 

Both my Kids had a great time and I must say, the kid inside me and my wife also had a great time.

There was so much I observed and noticed about LIFE during the circus that it can become a post titled "10 Life & Leadership lessons from the Circus" but let's keep that stuff for another day and time.

Today, I am just giggling in my mind having experienced the circus and having witnessed the histrionics of the clowns.

No alt text provided for this image

Yes, the 45-year-old me spent a great time laughing with my 5 and 9-year-olds.

So, Why am I sharing this with you all here on LinkedIn? 

Simple, it's my attempt at tugging your hearts and reawakening that sense of Wonder. 

Growing up, we have left it behind. 

Reawaken it as it has the power within it.

Also, tell me in the comments why is it important to awaken the sense of wonder. And why is it vital for you to awaken it?

#fontana #circus #family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!