What's Your Everest?



Back in 2020 (pre-pandemic months), during our annual supply chain conference at Landmark Group, I got the opportunity to hear the keynote by Venkatesh Maheshwari wherein at some point, he asked a poignant question "What's Your Everest?" (By the way, Venky has scaled Mt. Everest and he is a brilliant keynote speaker - I aspire to inspire like he does)

The annual conference concluded but the question remained with me. I kept asking myself that question over the course of weeks and months ... and coming up with multiple answers which included some goals that I had put on back-burner as well as some new goals that the ambitious me was cooking up. 

And then COVID happened. Very hectic few months working from home with work load shooting up. But the question kept coming up again and again ... with new and varied interesting answers that I was cooking up. 

And then one fine day, my job got Covid (sounds hilarious and tragic at the same time) and that those answers became suddenly very very relevant and real. 

What's Your Everest became the question I asked myself to determine what I was going to do next. Becoming a Life Coach was one of those 'put on backburner back in 2016' plans that rose to the top of the list.

I did get another job so I couldn't start working on it immediately but 6 months down the line, I got out of that job and pursued my 'Everest'.

For 6 months, I did not take up another full time job and instead focussed on my certification. Formally got certified and spent a lot of time linking my 20 years work and life experience to the formal life coaching approach I was learning. 

And while I was at it, I kept asking myself every now and then ... "What's Your NEXT Everest?" 

I would readily recommend you (who came reading thus far into this post) to ask Yourself "What's My Everest?" 

Don't just ask ... ruminate over it and answer the damn question. Over and over, again and again. Define it, Refine it. And keep asking yourself. 

And when you have found your Everest ... start planning to scale it. Help is always available around you and all you need to do is ask. 

#FindYourEverest #WhatsYourEverest #Coaching #PersonalDevelopment #Growth #lifecoaching #Leadership #TeamCoaching


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!