VSS 031 - Everything is planned. Not quite.

 

VSS 031 - Everything is planned. Not quite.

 

He had it all planned out. Everything was set. Life was a breeze.

With a job paying millions in salary and a hefty bonus, he had already bought a house, fancy cars and travelled to a couple of countries on vacation – pretty much all of it on bank loans with installments spanning several years.

Married to a gorgeous homemaker and with an adorable set of twins, life was a dream.

Everything was planned. Everything was in control. Everything was happy.

And then COVID-19 hit the world and he lost his job.

That was one thing he hadn’t planned for.

 

 

--------------

 

I started writing VSS (Very Short Story – less than 100 words stories) in 2017 and had a good run of writing 30 of them. Restarting it now in 2020. Lets see how long can I sustain these.

The story above is a direct reflection on what COVID-19 has meant for millions out there. All their plans got tossed out of the window by a microscopic invisible virus that wrecked havoc across the world. And no, it does not reflect my life and situation. 

I lost my job and my dad within the same month. While I did find another job immediately (must say, I was lucky) but the loss of my guiding light and biggest support is irreversible. Over 735K have already lost their lives (that’s over half a million families impacted directly). My prayers for them. May the invisible force of faith give you strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!