VSS 009: Mhaari Chori ka Baapu


Mhaari Chori ka Baapu

(My Daughter’s Father)
 
Very Short Story (VSS) 009
 


Aamir Khan’s dialogue “mhaari choriyan, choron se kum hain kai?” inspired me.

I had always loved my daughter more than my son but had always thought of them as a financial burden (huge marriage expense).

While there have been movies about women and girl power; Dangal gave me the father’s perspective. It told me that before the women or girl showed their power, their parents had to show their confidence in them. Only then does the girl power get a chance to surface.

Don’t know how many people realized THAT. Now my daughter will also rise and shine.

------------------------------

Quick Note: Very Short Stories are approx./max. 99 word stories that i am going to write through the year. These very short stories are part of my writing resolutions of 2017. My target is to write at least 50 VSS this year. Currently I am way behind my target :-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!