Book Review: www.MarryAGhost.com by Abhimanyu Jha

 

 

Book: www.MarryAGhost.com

Author: Abhimanyu Jha

No. of Pages: 250

Genre: Fiction

Publisher:  Shrishti Publications

 

|| spoiler alert ||
Not really a spoiler spoiler but but I might reveal things in the review that might act as a spoiler. In fact, it may postively discourage you from reading this book.  
Let me tell you one thing … the last 3 words of the book spoilt my reading experience of the book; so much so – I deducted a star just because of that. The book was indeed a nice read and I almost gave it 3 stars while reading it … but the 3 words at the end of the book literally pissed me off and the result is one star off the review.

It was a well written book and i wish the author did not climax the book the way he did. It is never a good feeling to leave a book unfinished ... and the author managed to give me that feeling in spite of reading till the last page.

On the brighter side, I actually enjoyed reading the book. It was enjoyable to read the interaction of the lovely beautiful ghost and the living man ... and how they gradually fell for each other ... knowing very well, that it was not the right or logical thing to do. But then love is blind … although in this case, the earlier invisible girl gradually becomes visible to the guy because of his love and belief in her. She is actually in search of her own 'Hrithik' but slowly begins to fall for the one guy who is helping her in the search.

The story is sort of like the Ajay-Kajol starrer "Pyar to Hona Hi Tha" where Ajay helps Kajol get his boy-friend back ... only for Kajol to realise she has fallen for Ajay instead.

The book was predictable in that sense but still written in a manner one could enjoy. I loved reading the conversations both of them would have. Their own frustrations and teasing each other; it almost gets mushy-mushy at some point.   

There is a small but interesting cast of characters who seem to have their own secrets and mysteries which I presume will come out and be reveled in sequel(s).

If only the author had 'completed' the book and not left it hanging with "To Be Continued" at the end. That was seriously the worst part of the book. The author managed to almost negate the entire joy of reading that book by those 3 magical words. I hated the author for doing that to me … for wasting my time that went into reading 250 pages. I will be tempted to check his book's last page first the next time around.

I don't mind reading trilogies – but there is a logical closure to each book and you are not just left hanging in the middle of no-where. I wish I had not known about this (incompleteness) – I would not have picked it up for review. I would have rather preferred to read the books together.

I hate to wait for the next Matthew Reilly book in the 7-6-5 series of Captain Jack West Jr. I hated to wait for the individual episodes of Shiva Trilogy. On the other end, it was OK to wait for the next harry potter story since each one had a start and end of its own and you were not left hanging.

So all in all, it was indeed a good book though I can't bring myself to recommend it to you at this stage. Let the sequel come out. Let the trilogy / series end and then pick all of them up together.

This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program for Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free books!

Ratings on Book Review Parameters:

Cover Design: 3.0 / 5

Writing Style: 4.0 / 5

Characters:     4.0 / 5

Story / Plot:     4.0 / 5

Climax:            0.0 / 5

Overall:           2.0 / 5   

Note – The low overall rating is because of the 'zero' I give to the climax. The book is good otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!